This website is privately owned and intended to generate private leads for offers of insurance via telephone calls to consumers.

To speak with a representative directly, call 

(855) 872-7250.

COMPARE AFFORDABLE HEALTH OPTIONS

Request an ObamaCare insurance quote today and find a health care plan that fits all your needs.

Our experts are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have.

REQUEST A QUOTE

Obamacare in New York

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is often referred to as Obamacare. Obamacare in New York has seen an increased number of participants, with 408,841 enrollees re-enrolled automatically or selected for coverage under the ACA. The ACA Medicaid expansion in New York means 130,829 consumers under the age of 35 are now signed up for Marketplace coverage (32 percent of plan selection choices in the state). Another way of looking at Obamacare in New York is that from the fall of 2013 to June 2016, Medicaid/CHIP coverage has increased by 717,477 people. From 2013 to 2015 the uninsured rate in New York fell by 32 percent. More information about New York Obamacare is in the following topics:

  • Did New York accept the Obamacare Medicaid expansion?
  • Does the state or Federal government run the health insurance exchange in New York?
  • Eligibility for Obamacare in New York
  • How to apply for Obamacare in New York
  • Health plan cost and availability in New York

Did New York Accept the ACA Medicaid expansion?

New York chose to participate in the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion. Due to the ACA Medicaid expansion cost to states, many other states, declined to accept the expansion. But what is the Obamacare Medicaid expansion in NY? ACA Medicaid expansion began in 2014 when New York created Family Health Plus for low income residents of New York state. How does this answer the question, “What is the expansion of Medicaid?” In New York, state coverage expanded from 50 percent of the poverty rate to 100 percent for childless adults. Family Health Plus meant that coverage for parents with dependent children would move from 75 percent of the poverty level to 150 percent. Obamacare income requirements came after these expansions to further expand Medicaid to everyone with incomes up to 138 percent of the poverty level. Obamacare Medicaid expansion details reveal that through 2016, the Federal government will cover 100 percent of the costs. In 2017, the Federal government’s portion will decrease to 97 percent, and by 2020 will decrease to 90 percent. Individuals seeking affordable healthcare should fill out the Obamacare Medicaid application to see available tax credits.

Does the State or Federal Government Run the Health Insurance Exchange in New York?

The answer to this question is, “Yes!” The Federal government runs the New York health insurance exchange in the sense that federal guidelines must be followed. New York also runs the Obamacare health insurance exchange by operating its own website with state-specific information. So, what is the health insurance exchange in NY? Simply put, it is a website designed to present as many healthcare options as possible to state residents. “But what is the marketplace for health insurance?” The Obamacare healthcare marketplace and insurance exchange are one in the same. Federal health insurance exchange regulations set the income limits that applied to each level of insurance from which each applicant may choose. All this means that the Obamacare applicant can easily and simply compare quality and costs of plans offered for healthcare in New York.

What is Obamacare Medicaid eligibility in New York?

“What are the requirements to apply for Obamacare” is a question answered at New York’s Obamacare health insurance exchange. Obamacare coverage eligibility requirements will include such things as citizenship, proof of residency, demonstration of reported income and reporting family size. Photo ID cards, birth certificates, proof of income, and proof of residency will all be important to have on hand. In terms of how to qualify for Obamacare in NY, the applicant will also need his or her medical history. While Obamacare has removed penalties for gender or pre-existing conditions, smoking, family size and age may still affect costs.

Who is eligible for Obamacare?  Obamacare income requirements make assistance possible to those above the poverty level, as well as those struggling with poverty, with some premium payments and accepting deductibles on the different coverage plans. Each individual is assessed according to their own set of circumstances, and no one is considered ineligible based on income, alone.

How to apply for Obamacare in New York

Unsure about how to apply for Obamacare insurance? There are several methods to apply. Knowing how to enroll in Obamacare is as simple as calling a local insurance agent or Medicaid office. Healthcare staff will best inform you where to apply for Obamacare in the New York county closest to you. Those who need to know how to get Obamacare can submit their application at New York’s Health Insurance Marketplace by mail, in person, or by phone. Those asking “Can I apply online for Obamacare in NY?” will be happy to know that online applications are the main method of applying for affordable healthcare.

“What do I need to apply for Obamacare?” The answer is, the more information the better. Having as much information filling out an application is always the best course to follow. For those applicants who are concerned as to what is needed to sign up for Obamacare, it is a good rule of thumb to bring birth certificates and social security numbers, tax forms and pay stubs, projected income and any documents available on current health insurance plans the applicant is already participating in.

What are health plan costs and availability in New York ?

Obamacare health insurance price estimates are based on the average amount a plan paid for everyone who was using that specific plan. So each of the five coverages available in New York’s Obamacare health insurance exchange will post costs based on the averages of expenses in the previous year.

“How much does Obamacare cost in New York?” is answered by examining the five available plans. Obamacare health insurance plans costs in New York are based on four metals, with a fifth being emergency only coverage. The Bronze Plan is the basis of all four of the other coverage plans. Regardless of the part of state the applicant lives in, the insured will have an average of 60 percent of his or her health expenses paid. The applicant will have to pay the other 40 percent. This plan is the most limited in coverage, and in network of doctors and hospitals available. If the applicant’s income level is at poverty level or below, there is a good chance there will be no premium cost at all.

The Silver Plan is the “standard” plan, most often chosen for insurance coverage. This level covers an average of 70 percent of all expenses, and the enrollee will pay the other 30 percent. This plan is easier to purchase if Cost Sharing Reduction subsidies (CSR) apply. With this, there will be choices of healthcare systems, including HMOs.

The Gold Plan will cost more, but the insurance will cover an average of 80 percent of all medical expenses, leaving the applicant to cover only the remaining 20 percent. Subsidies of any kind usually do not apply.

Platinum plans split the average coverages 90 percent – 10 percent. This will also have the highest monthly premiums, but will have the broadest coverages for families with possible expensive healthcare services. While premiums will be capped, there will be more to pay to make up the difference in the Platinum coverage.

Finally, there is Catastrophic Coverage with a high deductible and coverage that applies only in the event of major illness or accident. Those applying for this type of coverage will usually be under 30 or have a hardship exemption.

“How much will Obamacare insurance cost me?” is a question really answered only by visiting a local office equipped to supply the paperwork for application or visiting the New York State of Health exchange for more information, or to use its price estimate calculators.