This website is privately owned and intended to generate private leads for offers of insurance via telephone calls to consumers.

To speak with a representative directly, call 

(855) 872-7250.

COMPARE AFFORDABLE HEALTH OPTIONS

Request an ObamaCare insurance quote today and find a health care plan that fits all your needs.

Our experts are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have.

REQUEST A QUOTE

Obamacare in New Jersey

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), commonly referred to as Obamacare, was designed to provide healthcare for those who are too impoverished to afford even the most basic healthcare plans. In New Jersey, approximately 250,000 people were enrolled into Obamacare on February 22, 2016. Furthermore, 86,087 who were under the age of 35 were signed up for Marketplace coverage and 83 percent of those applicants were able to qualify on the Marketplace for a tax credit of about $306 per month. Since its implementation, Obamacare has continued in an upward trend. In the State of New Jersey alone, there are 45 plans to choose from, which were offered from six separate insurers in 2015. More detailed information on NJ Obamacare can be found below:

  • Did New Jersey accept the Obamacare Medicaid expansion?
  • Does the state or federal government run the health insurance exchange in New Jersey?
  • Eligibility for Obamacare in New Jersey
  • How to apply for Obamacare in New Jersey
  • Health plan cost and availability in New Jersey

Did New Jersey Accept the ACA Medicaid Expansion?

“What is the expansion of Medicaid?” is a common question among potential Obamacare applicants. What would come to be known as the ACA Medicaid Expansion, was the federal government’s decision to add another level of healthcare onto the existing Obamacare plans. However, the expansion was optional and the decision to accept or reject the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion was ultimately left up to each individual state. With the expansion, Obamacare allowed families who fell into extreme poverty (households who are below the set federal poverty level by more than 133 percent) quality healthcare coverage at no cost. In New Jersey, a household of four making less than or around $32,253 will qualify for the ACA expansion. However, rates are not fixed across counties. Each county’s requirements will change due to the demographics within that area, which could result in a higher or lower income requirement.

To apply for Obamacare Medicaid expansion in NJ, standard applications are perfectly suitable to use. Residents can pick up a standard Obamacare Medicaid application, either online for a digital form, or contact the Marketplace in New Jersey. Despite it being required for New Jersey residents to possess healthcare, Obamacare Medicaid eligibility is not a guarantee for all that apply. Residents should always check their eligibility for Medicaid, which is based on household income. To be eligible, household income must be below the demographic level for the area.

Many potential applicants may find themselves asking, “What is the Obamacare Medicaid expansion?” when looking at all of the effort required for the application process. The Affordable Care Act was passed with low-income families in mind as a way to assist them with their healthcare issues, as well as to provide healthcare to those who would otherwise have to go without. The Obamacare Medicaid expansion details discuss at length the best ways to offer quality healthcare to the impoverished, and how to best help the non-elderly who do not have dependent children.

Over 30 states, as well as Washington D.C., have accepted the expansion plan. In January of 2015, New Jersey was amongst the states who accepted the terms of the expansion and the effects are notable. Approximately 383,964 residents in New Jersey were enrolled into Medicaid coverage, and the uninsured rate in New Jersey dropped from 14.9 percent to 11.7 percent.

The ACA Medicaid expansion cost to states is about 80 cents to a premium dollar in New Jersey. When Obamacare was first passed, the federal government agreed to pay the full expense of the plan for the first three years. Afterwards, the government would pay 90 percent of costs, leaving the remaining 10 percent for the state to accommodate.

Does the State or Federal Government Run the Health Insurance Exchange in New Jersey?

What is the health insurance exchange in New Jersey? Each individual state has an Obamacare healthcare marketplace, which is usually run online. The Obamacare health insurance exchange (the alternate name for the Obamacare healthcare marketplace), is where applicants may select the Obamacare plans for which they have been approved. These exchanges can be state run, but use the federal platform, or they can opt to be completely individualized. Most states, NJ included, have opted to have the federal government run the health insurance exchange. Each plan is laid out online next to the other to make comparisons of plans much simpler. The prices are clearly indicated along with the benefits an applicant can be expected to receive.

What is the marketplace for health insurance? If the concept of the health insurance exchange is still confusing, it may be helpful to think of it in terms of an online shopping website. Vendors may display their plans altogether in one place, and the consumer may browse through various plans in a layout that makes comparison easier. Health insurance exchange regulations are also strictly enforced on the site to ensure that customers are not being taken advantage of by the vendors. These regulations also provide a better organizational system to which plans are grouped together based on a set of criteria, which can narrow down searches quickly.

Eligibility for Obamacare in New Jersey

What are the requirements to apply for Obamacare in New Jersey? Two main categories must be satisfied when an applicant is learning how to qualify for Obamacare in New Jersey. In order to be accepted into Obamacare an applicant must satisfy Obamacare income requirements as well as Obamacare coverage eligibility requirements, as designated by the state.

The requirements for who is eligible for Obamacare include documentation that must be provided. A lack of proper documentation is the quickest way to be disqualified from receiving Obamacare, so it is crucial to have all appropriate documents on hand. Be aware that an applicant must not only provide documentation for themselves, but for everyone in the household.

How to Apply for Obamacare in New Jersey 

“What is needed to sign up for Obamacare?” and “Can I apply online for Obamacare?” are two of the most common questions applicants ask as they entertain applying for Obamacare. When an applicant is looking up how to enroll in Obamacare, there are two main options for New Jersey. Online applications are available, and applications can also be filled out in person. There will be a difference in where to apply for Obamacare depending on the method an applicant chooses. A third option exists for how to enroll in Obamacare, and that is to begin the process of applying over the telephone.

 

The application process can leave an applicant wondering “What do I need to apply for Obamacare?” The process of how to apply for Obamacare insurance all comes down to the correct documentation. Documentation must be provided for all members of the household, not just the applicant. Birth certificates, driver’s licenses, and medical history must be provided for every household member. Any previous medical insurance information, projected income, and the previous year’s tax information should be gathered. Any criminal records should be provided along with employer and income information for every member of the household looking to get coverage.

Health Plan Cost and Availability in New Jersey 

How much does Obamacare cost? Obamacare health insurance plans come in four basic plans, ranging from high coverage to low coverage: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. While Obamacare health insurance price estimates are available on the marketplace the plan levels essentially describe the options available to applicants. Platinum coverage is set to cover approximately 90 percent of all associated medical costs, while the beneficiary will pay the remaining 10 percent. Gold is the next level of coverage that covers approximately 80 percent of medical costs, leaving beneficiaries to pay 20 percent. Silver plans cover 70 percent and Bronze plans cover 60 percent, meaning the out-of-pocket costs for these plans are 30 and 40 percent, respectively. There is a fifth plan, called catastrophic coverage, which is designed to be emergency coverage rather than a long-term coverage plan. It is available to people who are under the age of 30.

How much will Obamacare insurance cost me? Obamacare health insurance plans costs are designed to be individualized as much as possible for applicants, meaning that the rates will vary based on a few factors. Location is one factor that will affect how much an applicant is expected to pay for Obamacare. The income level for an area can cause rates to be higher or lower in comparison to adjacent counties. The Affordable Care Act was also designed with the intention of deterring people from smoking. Any smokers who apply for Obamacare may be subject to increased rates that can be as high as a 50 percent increase in cost. If an applicant wants to try and calculate what his or her premium would be, there are tools available on the marketplace.